Thermal Imaging Tests
Barlows are excited to introduce our new thermal image testers that we are going to be using to undertake thermal imaging tests.
An electrical thermal image survey allows an electrician to access the condition and terminations of electrical equipment without the need to isolate an electrical installation. This will allow an installation to continue to operate while the survey is being carried out (essential for many businesses), and also action any problems with an electrical installation before it becomes a problem.
Thermal scanning of electrical installations and equipment can be carried out on all aspects of a domestic, commercial of industrial installation, including but not limited too;
- Distribution boards / switch panels / consumer units
- Cable joints and terminations
- Busbar / power rack systems
- Routing of existing cable routes within the fabric of the building
- Electrical / Electronic components
The result of these inspections can highlight the following before deterioration occurs:
- Loose connections / terminations
- Imbalances within phase conductors
- high resistance joints
The inspection is non-obtrusive and can be undertaken in less then 5 minutes, making it an excellent time saving option for planned preventative maintenance.