Applications 01948 820 200
Barlows (UK) Ltd has a training hub ‘Clifford College’ at both of its offices, the head office based at Hampton in South Cheshire and our branch at Chadderton in Manchester. The majority of the company’s senior managers and all of its directors completed their training and apprenticeship within the company.
Barlows believes strongly in training and continued development using a mixture of classroom and on the job involvement in order to provide a well-rounded and meaningful experience.
When our apprentices go out to work in the field they are managed by electricians who have themselves completed the apprenticeship scheme and know how it feels to be in training and learning new skills. The ability to use new knowledge in a real life work environment is invaluable to understanding how things actually work and how we relate to our customers.
Our training centres have been designed to provide a learning space suited for young enquiring minds where apprentices can discuss the topics being taught and practice either installing equipment in our test bays or completing exams and tests in our exam room.
As electrical engineers working within a diverse range of premises on a wide variety of electrical work we offer our apprentices the chance to gain experience we believe is un-matched in the Northwest.
We were voted as one of the top 100 apprenticeship employers in the UK in 2012, an accolade we were immensely proud to receive on behalf of all of the apprentices that have completed and those that are currently working towards completing this challenging and rewarding apprenticeship.
Barlows have won the following awards for its training and apprenticeships scheme:-
- Manchester Chamber of Commerce Medium Business of the Year Award 2015 and 2014
- National Apprentice Training Award for Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Staffordshire 2012, 2013 and 2014
- The EMRA Best Trainer in UK Award for 2014
- Cheshire and Warrington Apprentice Trainer of the Year
- Cheshire Business Awards Winner 2015
- North West Chamber of Commerce People Development Award Winner 2015
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Medium Size Company of the Year 2015
- High Sheriff’s Award for Enterprise for Training, Development and Opportunity for Young People 2016
- Greater Manchester Skills For Business Award Winner for Construction Skills 2016
- Greater Manchester Skills For Business Finalist for Large Business of the Year 2016
- SBC Achievement of the Year Winner 2016
- Sponsor of the High Sheriff of Cheshire Awards – Apprentice of the Year 2017
- Sponsor of the High Sheriff of Cheshire Awards – Company of the Year 2017 (for supporting apprentices)
- The High Sheriff’s Award for Family Business Award of Excellence 2017
- The High Sheriff’s Award to David Barlow, for recognition of the outstanding contribution to the economy of Cheshire and the business community 2017
Since these amazing acknowledgments of high standards, Barlows have developed a new apprentice training model and staff improvement strategy to compliment the quality which we have been lucky enough to have celebrated at Buckingham Palace and 10 Downing Street! The new training scheme enables other electrical companies to train with Barlows staff. The organization has also been recognised through health and safety awards and continues to place health and safety at the core of all aspects of the business.
Recently one of our students who trains with us in Telford was nominated for the NICEIC | ELECSA Apprentice of the Year Award!
Clifford College is in partnership with both SBC training and Total People to deliver training in Chadderton, Shrewsbury, Malpas and Telford. We’re currently training around 120 electrical apprentices both for Barlows and other business’.Information on Training & Apprenticeships Download our Apprentices Application Form